Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Teach Me How to Blog, Teach Me, Teach Me How to Blog (Tha Remix)

Greetings, y'all. Lauren here-- co-contributor to Rebecca's journey into blogdom. In the event you have no idea who I am (which, I suppose is likely), I am the tall one drowning in pools of her own sweat in the PM Slim and Strong sessions (such a classy lady, no?)

Rebecca and I got the idea for this blog-marriage of sorts on a whim last Saturday, during our outing to the Multisport World Expo at Columbia. The reason for attending said expo? I too am signed up for the Rhode Island Half-Ironman in July. This decision... made on the fly, as most of my crazier fitness endeavors have been lately.
Have I been training? Hmmm... aside from BBBC, long weekend runs, and the ill-fated 50K attempt (more on this later), NO!

I have a new-ish bike, that was bought last year for 75% aesthetic appeal, and 25% "practical use." It is one of those Felt fixed-gear bikes-- you know, the single-speed kind that if you do not keep pedalling, when coasting, you will fly over the handlebars? Needless to say, it is not set on fixed-gear at press date. Insert my dilemma: while hot, in a low-key, minimalistic sort of way, I do not think it will get me far in Providence. This might involve a Craigslist transaction, I do believe. In any event, I am somewhat proficient on a bike, though traffic elicits a fear in this Brooklynite greater than any sewer rat and rumored mugging spree ever will!

Do I swim? The short answer: Recreationally, with a stint as a high school breaststroker. I can hold my own in the pool, and grew up swimming in the muddy, occasionally shark-infested waters of the Gulf of Mexico, but haven't done any outdoor swims in years. So I am a bit worried about how this might play out in RI's Olney Pond. Guess I should have jumped on the Coney Island Polar Bear Club bandwagon. Then again, hypothermia might have been a bit discouraging.

Running deserves a whole 'nother post, that encompasses so much more than the activity itself, so I'll save that for when I'm a more seasoned blogger. Drama, intrigue, troublesome shoelaces... oh yea, get excited!

Stay tuned! If anything, thanks for entertaining my self-indulgence! Until I blog again....

No comments:

Post a Comment