Sunday, July 10, 2011

Its Done.....We Are Ironmen (well Half)

Its official, the race is complete, 70.3 miles of swimming, biking, and running done.  Kamen, Ariane , Lauren and I all finished.   This was the hardest thing I have done .... it was hot, hilly, and sometimes felt neverending.   Its an amazing feeling to know I completed this, something last year seemed way beyond my reach.   Pretty cool to have done it with the person (Ariane) that helped me find a new path to take in getting in shape, and ultimately to a place where I can do these things.

Almost home....thank god for Drew, he drove most of the way and saved my legs.  Plus he did not like me playing dj while driving.   Then its unpack, shower, and bed...running on 3.5 hours of sleep.  

Then...a week off, ahhhhhhh.

4 comments:

  1. Yay Becca! Proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock Rebecca. If it weren't for the corn nuts you would have never done so well. So, what's the story on the Ironman next year? Shall we...? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys rocked! I'll be doing it with you guys next time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Rebecca! That's so exciting and I'm so proud of you. You're kicking some major butt!!!

    Enjoy your week off. What's coming down the pipeline? The super ironman? :)

    ReplyDelete