Monday, July 4, 2011

Congratulations Are In Order

I want to give a super huge congratulations to Lauren (my training buddy) and Kamen who just finished the Finger Lakes 50s race - Kamen's second and Lauren's first ultra marathon.  They finished the 50 mile race in an awesome 12 hours 25 minutes.  Lauren finished second in her age group.  Most people prepare for this race months and months in advance.  These two decided to do it with no training at all.  I have not decided yet if this was plain stupid or freaking amazing.....but right now I am in awe.   There is no rest for these two, they will be joining Ariane and I next week in Providence for the Amica Half Ironman. 

Please congratulate them with me!

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely crazy AND amazing! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ask how many people were in my age group! Haha - maybe 3 girls or something.

    ReplyDelete