Monday, May 16, 2011

Red Bank Done: Officially a Triathlete!

Its over and done.....I finished my first Olympic triathlon and loved it.   I felt great the whole race and did pretty well, especially not knowing what to expect part.  Best part this am.....I am not sore or even tired.  I feel the best I have felt in weeks.

I will write more later with pics and all.   Here are initial results, I am anxiously waiting my splits

Time:  2:50:57
Overall: 103 out of 259 - small race
Women:  20 out of 79
Age Group: 6 out of 9 - though three of us finished with 5 minutes of each other

Not too bad for my first tri.

Lastly....super huge thanks to my sign holding, picture taking, cheerleading friend, Lauren.  She was supposed to do the race with me but is out with a stress fracture.   Despite being disappointed on not being able to compete, she still came down to root me on.  Freaking awesome.    And if you saw me on Saturday......I needed her. 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Becca! You're very inspiring. See you next week in Brooklyn.

    ReplyDelete