Wednesday, June 8, 2011

My New Favorite Site

For some reason my bus rides lately have seemed to get longer and longer.   Sunday, I missed the train by a minute.  Instead of getting home at 3:07 I got home at 5:15 and suffered an hour and 45 minute bus ride.  My phone died half way and I had to listen to the lady next to me smack her dry lips the entire trip.  If I was not a crank when I got on the bus from the early morning wake up, hot run and walk around the city or the fact that I was starving, I was definently a bitch getting off the bus.   Moving into the city cannot come soon enough.

Here is my favorite site that I like to read while on the bus. I absolutely love it.  It has articles on running, for new triathletes, and healthy recipes.   It is here where I learned about Thrive and got the idea to start to make my own protein bars.  They also agree with me that Thrive's recipes are good for you but not tasty.   They have made some modifications.

http://www.nomeatathlete.com/

Check the site out, I am sure you will love it.   I got Lauren hooked.    The site's basis is that they are non meat eating athletes that can compete.   Dont worry,  you dont need to be a vegetarian to like the site.  There is so much cool stuff that does not pertain to food.   There is info that may challenge your current ideas, I warn you on that.    I eat meat or should say that I eat limited meat.   For the first time this week, I am trying to go all veg for the work week.  Partly to see if I can and partly because I only had kale, spinach, and aspargus in my fridge went I went to make my lunch this week.  We will see how it goes.   Hemp protein is not so bad when hidden in other foods. And kale.....i will always be happy eating this.

Enjoy, let me know if you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment